Fascinating North East
- 8 Nights Northeast India
Beyond the strip of the seven sister states of North-Eastern India, the immense and enchanting Kanchenjunga 8,586 m lies in the spans of two countries - India and Nepal and also shields the natural loveliness and cultural traditions of a varied ranges of folkloric clusters. Renowned as the ‘Five Treasures of the Snow’, here one can find people living from Tibeto-Burman, Mongolian and Austro-Asiatic cultures. A jaunt to North-Eastwill remnants incomplete if one doesn’t witnesses such diverse spot..
DAY 1 - NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Darjeeling (75 kms / 3 hrs)
- On arrival, our representatives will meet and assist you at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport and then with him you will be departing towards the Darjeeling (6,950 ft.). On reach, check into the hotel and the rest of the day will be free to explore the environs. Return back to the hotel till dusk and enjoy dine followed by the overnight stay.
DAY 2 - Darjeeling Sightseeing
- After breakfast, the day will be at leisure as you will be driving towards the Tiger hill (8,400 ft.), to have magnificent views of the Mount Everest along the Kanchenjunga ranges. This is 11 km from the city of Darjeeling and can be conquered either by jeep or by foot through Chowrasta, Alubari (the oldest tea plantation) or Jorebangla and then you will be bouldering up incline to the peak, which will take about 2 hours at an effortless speed. Enroute you will be visiting the Ghoom Monastery, prevalently known as the Yiga Choeling Monastery situated at Ghum at an altitude of 8,000 feet.
- After having the crowcock meal, visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. The evening will be free to explore the area your own or you can opt the shopping for your reminiscence. Enjoy the feast in the hotel followed by the overnight stay.
DAY 3 - Darjeeling – Pelling (80 Kms / 4 hrs)
- Early this morning, after having morning meal, you will be heading towards the Pelling via Singla check post. On reach check into the hotels and capture the vicinity for your reminiscence. Overnight stay will be in Pelling followed by the delicious feast.
- Snuggled at an altitude of 2,150 m, Pelling is bathed with alpine vegetation, with numerous waterfalls lining the hillside. During winters the place is covered with a blanket of snow and become a glorious site to view the Kanchenjunga ranges.
DAY 4 - Pelling Sightseeing
- After breakfast, the day will be at leisure and today you will be visiting the most admired monasteries of the Sikkim. One is the oldest, Sangachoeling Monastery, established in the 17th century by Lama Lhatsün Chempo. The monastery is situated on an edgetop above Pelling at a distance of 7 kilometers (4.3 mi) from Pemayangtse Monastery and is accessed by walking the steephilly track of 4 kilometers (2.5 mi), which traverses throughrich forest cover.
- The other one is the breathtaking Pemayangtse (‘PerfectSublime Lotus’) Monastery, founded in 1705, home of a wallcanvas and statuette. The monastery was built for pure monks & (ta-tshang) meaning & monks of pure Tibetan lineagecelibate and without any physical abnormality. The head lamaof this monastery had the unique privilege of anointing the Chogyals of the erstwhile monarchy of Sikkim with holy.Here also visit the Rabdentse Ruins. Stay overnight at Pellingand enjoy delicious feast.
DAY 5 - Pelling – Gangtok (150 kms / 5 hrs) via Chardham
- Early this morning, after having morning meal, you will be heading towards the Gangtok. Enroute visit Temi Tea Garden, Samdruptse & Siddheshwar Dham (Chardham) in Namchi.
- On reach check into the hotels and capture the vicinity for your reminiscence. Overnight stay will be in Gangtok followed b y delicious dines.
DAY 6 - Gangtok Local Sightseeing
- The day will be at leisure, as today you after having morning meal will be hiking towards the Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Flower show, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Dro-dul Chorten, Enchey Monastery & Banjakhri Falls (maximum 6 hours). In the dusk, return back for a delicious feast followed with an overnight stay.
DAY 7 - Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
- Early this morning after having morning meal, hike towards the Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft.) and Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.), which is 55 kms away from Gangtok city. In the evening return back to the Gangtok for an overnight stay.
- (In case of Land slide or any other reason Tsomgo Lake is closed we will provided alternate sightseeing.)
DAY 8 - Gangtok – Kalimpong (75 kms / 3 hrs) Sightseeing
- Early morning after freshen up and delicious breakfast, you will be transferring to Kalimpong (3,950 ft.). On reach, you will be checking into your respective lodges for further stay. The evening will be free to explore the area your own Kalimpong is a lively bazaar town sprawls along encumber shaped mountain ridge overlooking the boisterous Teesta stream and lorded over by the peak of Khangchendzonga. It’s not a must-see, but it does brag Himalayan views, Buddhist monasteries, colonial architecture and a fascinating nursery industry, all linked by some fine hikes.
- In the afternoon, visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hills, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hill & Pine View Nursery back to hotel. Evening will be free to explore your own. Return back to the hotels for an overnight stay.
DAY 9 - Kalimpong – NJP Rly Station / IXB airport (75 kms / 3 hrs)
- This is the last day of your trip and after breakfast you will be having drive towards the NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- 08 Breakfasts.
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- All hotel and transport taxes & Driver Allowances.
- All transfers and sightseeing by personal car.
- 08 Nights Accommodation on double sharing basis.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.
CUSTOMIZE AND BOOK NOWEnter your contact details and we will plan the best holiday suiting all your requirements.