- 9 Nights Spiti
Hankering to move, to respire, to hover, to drift or to gain all while you give to rove the roads of land where god lives, then plan your visit with us in the valley of living museum, enclosed by Rangoli, Gara and Pattan three prominent vales. Here enroll in the tranquil landscape and unwind within the crunchy ambiance. Visit most beautiful gorges of Himalayas, sight the speculating loveliness of Chtikul village, Batseri village and enjoy the drive to Spiti valley through meander boulevards..
DAY 1 - Drive from Chandigarh – Shimla, (7,238 feet / 3-4 hours / 113 KM)
- On arrival at Chandigarh Railway Station / Airport, you will be met, assisted and get driven to the Queen of hills lies in the core of Himalayas.
- Shimla derives its name from goddess Shyamala Devi, which is an incarnation of Kali. The town is almost the home to a number of tudor bethan and neo – gothic architectures dating from colonial era as well as multiple temples. For its rugged mountainous terrain, charming snowfall and pleasant weather, this place has been a blast to eminence among nature lovers and escapade enthusiast.
- The drive will take 3.5hours and on reach you can explore the town your own. In the afternoon visit the Christ Church, the Gaiety Theatre, scandal point, plummet by the colorful Lakkar Bazaar, and the Bandstand. Heritage lovers can also glimpse some British architecture, which divulges some history of the glorious past.
- In the evening you will be given choice to visit the Jakhu temple where on the way you can hear the chirping of the birds, meet monkeys and get vanquished by the chilly winds of the mountains. Jakhoo hill is Shimla's highest peak, which offers a panoramic view of the Shivalik Ranges and the town of Sanjauli. It is 2.5 km from the Ridge, Shimla at a height of 2,455 m (8,000 feet) above sea level. At the top of the Hill, is an old temple of Lord Hanuman, which is also the home of innumerable lighthearted monkeys waiting to be fed by all visitors. At 108 feet (33 meter) statue of Lord Hanuman, a Hindu deity, at 8,500 feet (2,591 meters) above sea level, is a single statue to stand at the uppermost elevation among several other masters -pieces in the world, overhauling the Christ Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at hotel in Shimla.
DAY 2 - Drive from Shimla – Sarahan – Sangla – Chitkul, (8,900 feet / 6-7 hours / 246 KM)
- After breakfast, check-out form the hotel and get driven to Sangla, En-route visit the extremely renowned Bhima Kali temples, Sarahan, which is erected in the old-style Kinnauri way mainly from the coatings of stone and timber to engross the force of earthquakes. There are two towers here, one newly reconstructed after the 12th-century original collapsed, and one from the 1920s (on the left) containing a highly admired shrine to Bhimakali (the local version of Kali) underneath a lovely silver-filigree awning on its top floor. The curved, peaked roofs suggest the Tibetan influence on Kinnauri architecture, which becomes more marked as you move up the valley. To the right of the two towers is the squat Lankra Vir Temple, where human sacrifices were carried out right up to the 18th century.
- After visit, continue your jaunt to Sangla valley lies in the district of half horse half men. En-route visit the Batseri Village where an old-fashioned bridge erected over the Baspa River leads you to Batseri and its cobble-stoned thoroughfares and the local temple of Badri Narayan. After this, visit the Kamru Fort – This five-storied tower type fort rests on 55 square feet of stone stage and was constructed by Dev Puran. The elegantly complex statues of the wooden porches and minuscule temple are a view will behold you in the amiable area.
- After lunch, geared up to ride Chitkul, which is the last Indian hamlet at the border and has a population of roughly 700 people. Here you can cite the Nila range where the greenish-blue Baspa River originates, adorns India on one side and Tibet on the other. Situated at the elevation of 3450m, Chitkul is perfect place for nature lovers and photographers. With few strolls visit the shrine of local Goddess, ‘Mathi’, 500 years old-style architecture built by the unknown person.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at hotel in Sangla.
DAY 3 - Drive from Sangla to Kalpa to Nako, (12,000 feet / 6 – 7 hours / 140 KM)
- After breakfast, check-out form the hotel and get driven to Reckong Peo – the district capital of Kinnaur. It is a place where we get permit to enter Spiti valley and once all formalities done, we can head up higher on a 7 kilometer zigzagging road, to the old-fashioned village of Kalpa – a jewel with intriguingly splendid vistas of the Kinner Kailash and Jorkandan Peaks impending right above the village.
- Here you can visit the outstanding Kinnauri-style shrines or the colorful Samdrup Choeling Gompa. Adjacent of the Kinner Kailash is the 79-foot high solitary pillar, which looks like the Shivalinga, and is known for its color-changing possessions as the day attires on.
- From Kalpa, geared up for the Hindustan – Tibet Highway to reach Nako, En-route sight how the color of the scenery changes from an emerald lush green to a deserted brown as we will be driving on the worlds most treacherous and beautiful roads. Cross the village Pooh, which is last fuel station and precede to the last hamlet of Kinnaur - Nako.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at guest house in Nako.
DAY 4 - Drive from Nako – Tabo – Dhankar, (12,774 feet / 4 – 5 hours / 94 KM)
- After breakfast, check-out form the hotel and get driven to Dhankar, En-route visit Gue village.
- Gue is famed for a monastery that dynasties a 500 year naturally shriveled monk. Legend say the lama named Sangha Tenzin shriveled him to free his village from the wave of scorpions. After visiting, continue your journey towards the ‘Ajanta of the Himalayas’. Tabo enclosing the 1010 year-old Tabo Monastery – which is a UNESCO world heritage site and is famous for its ancient paintings that portray the life of The Buddha, and complex portrayals of gods and whizzes along with life-size effigies of bodhisattvas, in a synthesis of western Tibetan, Indian and Kashmiri styles.
- Continue your journey to a gorgeous hill town Dhankar. The former capital of the Royalties of Spiti Valley, also known as the Nono, who governed the dust-colored wildernesses of Spiti Valley, go back in time as you discover the 1200-year-old Dhankar Gompa which roosts unsteadily between assaulted rocky peaks on the edge of a crags. If time badges and you are not weary then take an hour’s climb above the village to visit the stunning turquoise Dhankar Tso or Dhankar Lake, which offers views over the valley and the twin peaks of Mane Rang (6593 meters).
- Dinner & Overnight stay at home stay in Dhankar.
DAY 5 - Drive from Dhankar – Lalung – Demul – Kaza, (14,435 feet / 4 – 5 hours / 92 KM)
- After breakfast, check-out form the hotel and take a short drive to Lalung famous for its effigy of the three-surrounded Buddha, which represents the Buddha looking in all directions at one time. Literally deciphering to the “Land of God”, Lalung is located at the foot of the Tangmar Mountains. The locals believe their God lives in these mountains and the mountain changes it’s colors through wide arrays of reds, yellows, and browns depending on the mood of their God. Visit one of the oldest gompas in the Spiti Valley, which the natives say, was built by angels one night. Then continue your journey towards Demul, stunning high elevation of Spiti Valley. Located at the 4400 meters, Demul is a village, which redefines aloofness. Barren from any cell-phone or Internet reception, this silent and charming village is a home to less than 50 families. Here you are free to discover the missive like decor of the hamlet on your own, or you can opt for a dumpy yak safari. On the fifth day of this Spiti Valley tour, drive to the charming and high villages of Lalung and Demul.
- In the evening, get driven to Kaza, the commercial capital of the Spiti valley.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at hotel in Kaza.
DAY 6 - Drive from Kaza – Komik – Langza – Kaza, (14,800 feet / 2-3 hours / 50 KM)
- After breakfast, take pleasure in high-altitude weather in the town of Kaza, which is an administrative center of the Spiti Valley. After being familiar to the vicinity, ride your first drive from the Kaza to the highest village of Asia Komik, literally means ‘eye of a snow cock’, and is located at a height of 4513m. This agronomy hamlet has a population of 84 people, living in complete isolation, cut-off from the rest of the world for most parts of the year. Here you can visit the Komik Lundup Chhemo, which is one of the highest monasteries in the world, set in an attractive backdrop. Continue to another high hamlet of Spiti called as Langza. It a hamlet located at an elevation of 4400 meters and fits to the Sakyapa sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Langza is a village having the population of 137 in 33 households. Here you can stroll to the ancient Lang (Temple), which is estimated to be around 1000 years old. At Langza, hike back to the primeval era when Spiti was submerged by the Tethys Sea, as you explore a land very rich with fossils of Marine animals and plants which were here millions of years ago.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at hotel in Kaza.
DAY 7 - Drive from Kaza – Ki Monastery – Tashigang – Gette – Chicham – Kibber.
- After breakfast, check-out form then hotel and get driven from Kaza to the small village of Kibber. Kibber a narrow valley on the summit of a limestone rock is situated at4205m which is famous for its motorable connectivity and own polling station during elections. From here drive to the ki Gompas where one can observe the houses of large number of Buddhist monks and nuns and a cafeteria.
- Later, begin the first phase to the Langza hamlet where the relic creatures of human being of the Tethys Sea, were found.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at home stay in Kibber.
DAY 8 - Drive from Kibber – Losar – Kuzum La – Chandratal Lake, (14,000 feet / 5-6 hours / 110 KM)
- After breakfast, check-out form the hotel and get driven to the incredible Chandratal Lake, and a temple at Kunzum La. The azure glitter lake here will leave you enthralled and was said to be the echo of the stunning snow-capped peaks. Stay at the campground near towards the Lake.
- From there, we head to Chandratal Lake – A visual marvel, this stunning blue colored Lake is set at an altitude of 4300 meters above sea level in the heart of high Himalayas and is a must see on a full moon night. It derives its name, “Chandra” (Moon) and “Taal” (Lake) from the crescent shape of the lake. Watch the lake change colors from crystal clear shades of blur to emerald greens by dusk.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at a camp in Chandratal.
DAY 9 - Drive from Chandratal Lake – Batal – Chattru – Rohtang La – Manali.
- After breakfast, check-out form the hotel and get driven from Chandratal Lake into Lahaul Valley, En-route halt at Batal for a cup of tea at a small teashop run by a beautiful old couple. From here, continue driving on the Kaza – Manali highway and rest at Chatru for lunch. Drive through the famous Rohtang Pass and return to Manali ending your magnificent Spiti Valley vacation.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at hotel in Manali.
DAY 10 - Drive from Manali – Chandigarh. (291 KM / 7-8 hours)
- After breakfast, check-out form the hotel and get driven to Manali, on arrival at Chandigarh get dropped at Chandigarh Railway Station / Airport for onward journey.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- 09 Breakfasts & 09 Dinners.
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- All hotel and transport taxes & Driver Allowances.
- All transfers and sightseeing by personal car.
- 09 Nights Accommodation on double sharing basis.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.
CUSTOMIZE AND BOOK NOWEnter your contact details and we will plan the best holiday suiting all your requirements.