Bhutan – Land Of Thunder Dragons
- 7 Nights Bhutan
Bhutan is a traveler’s paradise, especially for those who are looking to take a break in the lap of nature. Covered in lush green forests, home to gushing waterfalls and rivers and the perfect spot to just sit by and view the majestic Himalayan Ranges, Bhutan is gorgeous in every sense of the word. With "Bhutan – The Land of Thunder Dragons” we give you a chance to explore this gorgeous destination. Thimpu lets you see the national animal in its natural habitat at the Takin Preserve. The BBS Tower allows you to enjoy the scenic views of all of Thimpu from atop. Witness the world largest sitting Buddha in its entire splendor and also visit other important places like the .
DAY 1 - Bhutan Welcomes You (Arrival in Paro | Paro to Thimphu)
- The 6-day venture through the cultural and natural splendors of Bhutan begins with your arrival at Paro Airport, where you meet our representative, who will assist in your transfer to the national capital – Thimphu. On reaching the city, transfer to the hotel and check-in. A good nigh sleep in the plush room.
DAY 2 - A Day in Thimpu (Sightseeing in Thimphu)
- Begin the day with a gorgeous breakfast spread, and then head out on a treasure hunt to get a glimpse into the cultural and natural wealth of Bhutan. Visit Motithang Takin Preserve, named after the national animal of Bhutan, the Takin. The excursion will also take you to Tashichhodzong, the seat of the government. This historic building, which has withstood the test of time, showcases the traditional Bhutanese architecture. The trip to BBS Tower offers you the best photography opportunities for the day as this point commands panoramic vistas of the Thimphu city. We cannot let you go without a visit to Kuensel Phodrang Nature Park, which has one of the largest statues of Shakyamuni in the world – Buddha Dordenma. The Folk Heritage Museum, which is housed in a 3-storey building, exhibits a vast collection of old tools and household items used by the locals. End your day with a scrumptious evening meal and good night’s sleep at the luxurious hotel
DAY 3 - Thimphu
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast, Visit and see the extensive collection of Buddhist manuscripts, you would go to the National Library followed by a visit to the Textile Museum to learn about the national art of weaving and the well-known National Handicrafts Emporium for some shopping therapy. Here, you can buy traditional hand-woven fabrics and other handicrafts, without having to worry about their originality. Here, you will see exhibits on major weaving techniques, styles of local dresses and textiles made by women and men. You can grab lunch (own expense) at one of the local eateries and sample local delicacies of Bhutan. For recommendation on restaurants in Thimphu. After lunch, your sightseeing continues as you visit the Zilukha Nunnery or Drubthob Goemba - a monastery which offers a view of Tashichhoedzong. Rest of the day at leisure
DAY 4 - Hello, Punakha! (Thimphu to Punakha via Dochu La | Sightseeing)
- Following a delectable breakfast, check-out from the hotel and transfer to Punakha. Punakha is known for the historical Punakha Dzong – one of the oldest and largest dzongs in Bhutan; it is also the erstwhile seat of the government. It has seen numerous significant events in the history of Bhutan like the wedding of Bhutan’s king, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, and the first national assembly.
- The exciting road trip becomes more fun as you cross the Dochu La Pass, which offers mesmerizing vistas of the Himalayan Kingdom. It is also known for the 108 Buddhist shrines built here by the Queen Mother, Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck. During your time at Punakha Dzong, you can also witness the union of the Pho Chhu and Mo Chhu Rivers. We also take you to Chimi Lhakhang, built by Ngawang Choegyel, the 14th Drukpa head, in reverence to Drukpa Kunley. The unconventional Drukpa Kunley was known for his unusual way of life hence, was often referred to as The Saint of 5000 Women.
- After the road journey and sightseeing, relish a delectable dinner at the hotel and then rest in your cozy room.
DAY 5 - Paro Calling (Punakha to Paro | Sightseeing)
- Post an appetizing meal in the morning, check-out from the hotel and head back to Paro. The realm of a peaceful river, towering hills and monasteries, the Paro Valley welcomes you again with all its heart. This day involves plenty of sightseeing as we take you to some of the most popular points of interest here. During the day, you will spend moments of peace at the 7th-century Kyichu Lhakhang. It is said to be one of the 108 Buddhist temples, built by the Tibetan king, Songtsen Gampo, to defeat a demoness, which created obstacles in the spreading of Buddhism in the region. The visit to Ta Dzong – home to the National Museum of Bhutan – will bring you one step closer to the culture and people of the kingdom. Fascinatingly, some of the artifacts housed in the museum date back to 4000 BC! Also, explore the Drukgyel Dzong! What is an archaeological site today used to be a significant defense base until a few decades ago! Constructed in 1649, the building was abandoned in 1951 after a fire left it in ruins. When you are done exploring these amazing places, move to the hotel, and sleep after a hearty dinner.
DAY 6 - Local Sightseeing in Paro
- After a hearty breakfast at the hotel, get into your private transport and reach to the entry point of ""Paro Taktsang"" well known as Tiger’s nest temple. The Temple or Taksang Monastery is the most famous of Bhutanese monasteries. It is said that Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at the monastery. Perched precariously on the edge of a 1200m cliff, this monastery is an impressive sight and the unofficial symbol of Bhutan. The up-hill hike would take around 2 hours. You could also choose to ride a horse from the parking lot to the monastery. If the full hike sounds a bit tough, you can hike for 1 hour to the cafeteria - a wooden tea-house restaurant which offers a good view of the monastery. In the evening, you would be dropped off at the hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY 7 - The Chele La Adventure (Excursion to Chele La Pass)
- The day, starting with a hearty breakfast takes you on an exciting excursion to the Chele La pass. About 37 km from Paro, the mountain pass will take you to over 12000 feet altitude. On the way, you will see lush forests of pine and rhododendron that will be a treat for your eyes. After you reach the pass, your eyes will feast on the sight of Mount Jomolhari and Jichu Drake. On a clear day, panoramic vistas of the Haa and Paro Valleys can also be captured from here. Later, return to the hotel for a tasty dinner followed by a peaceful sleep. The day, starting with a hearty breakfast takes you on an exciting excursion to the Chele La pass. About 37 km from Paro, the mountain pass will take you to over 12000 feet altitude. On the way, you will see lush forests of pine and rhododendron that will be a treat for your eyes. After you reach the pass, your eyes will feast on the sight of Mount Jomolhari and Jichu Drake. On a clear day, panoramic vistas of the Haa and Paro Valleys can also be captured from here.
- Later, return to the hotel for a tasty dinner followed by a peaceful sleep.
DAY 8 - Goodbye, Bhutan (Departure from Paro)
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Paro Airport to board your flight back home.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- 07 Breakfasts
- All tours and transfers by Personal Car is included.
- 07 night’s accommodation on double sharing.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.
CUSTOMIZE AND BOOK NOWEnter your contact details and we will plan the best holiday suiting all your requirements.