Stunning South India
- 7 Nights Nilgiris
Witness different facets of South India, from the serene hill resorts of Ooty and Coonoor to well-known cosmopolitan cities of Bangalore and Mysore during a tour to this part of the country. While one part of the tour offers endless visual treats and nature's therapy, the other gives a chance to peek into the rich culture of the region. To make it memorable, a boat ride on the mesmerizing Ooty Lake can be a great choice. Dubbed as the ' Princess of Hill Station,' Kodaikanal is a place of ethereal beauty and paradisiacal charm. Being centered on a beautiful man-made lake, the town gorgeously rambles up and down the hillsides. Nestled amidst the patches of Shola forest and evergreen broadle.
DAY 1 - Arrive in Bangalore | Sightseeing in Bangalore
- Upon arrival at Bangalore airport/railway station, meet our representative who will assist you further. Thereafter, drive from the airport/railway station to the hotel.,In the afternoon, proceed for a half-day sightseeing tour of Bangalore, which is also known as the 'Garden City of India'. Officially known as Bengaluru, the city owing to its varied culture has earned many sobriquets like 'Silicon Valley of India' and 'Pub City'. Dotted with several gardens and tall tree-lined streets, this city enjoys a salubrious climate throughout the year. Home to several heavy industries, aerospace, telecommunications and defense organizations, it is mainly known for its software companies and hence, called as the national hub of Information Technology (IT). The most popular attractions of Bangalore are Lalbagh Botanical Gardens, Cubbon Park, Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, Bull Temple and ISKCON Temple. To get a glimpse of city's rich culture and heritage, you may visit these places. After reaching the hotel, complete the check-in formalities and take rest. In the evening, spend your time in leisure activities. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 2 - Drive from Bangalore to Mysore (143 km/approx. 3 hours) | Sightseeing in Mysore
- After a scrumptious breakfast, embark on a journey to Mysore – the 'City of Palaces'. Mysore, among the largest cities in Karnataka, is a popular destination for people with eclectic tastes. It being reigned by many powerful dynasties, including the Wadiyars, the Sultans and the British, offers a blend of rich cultural heritage that is reflected in its various palaces and royal edifices. This lively city is also famous for sandalwood, exquisite artifacts, silk sarees and Dasara Festival. On your way to this charming city, visit Srirangapatnam, the erstwhile capital of Mysore State during the regime of Tipu Sultan. Some of the famous attractions of this place are Daria Daulat Palace and Masji-e-Ala or Juma Majid, both built by Tipu Sultan. By noon, reach Mysore and check-in at the hotel. After relaxing for a while, visit the splendid Mysore Palace, which is acclaimed for its adorned ceilings, jeweled corridors and open mandaps. Also known as Amba Vilas Palace, this palace has an excellent blend of Indo-Saracenic, Dravidian and Roman styles of architecture. Then, head towards Mysore Zoo, officially Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens. It was established in 1892 by Sri Chamarajendra Wadiyar Bahadur, the former ruler of Mysore. Spread across an area of 80.13 acres, the zoo has a picturesque landscape with luxuriant fauna, an artificial lake and Chamundi Hills as its backdrop. This place is abode to some rare wildlife species, including sun bear, binturong, chimpanzee, Indian rhinoceros, white peafowl, grey langurs, zebra, red ibis, baboons and kangaroos. In the evening, visit the world-famous Brindavan Gardens. Spread over an area of about 150 acres, this beautiful garden is laid out alongside the imposing Krishnaraja Sagar Dam, built across the Cauvery River. It is a terrace garden, set on Mughal patterns, which is popular for its illuminated musical fountains and light show that is held every evening. After this sightseeing trip, return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 3 - Drive from Mysore to Ooty (160 km)
- Post breakfast, check-out from the hotel and drive to Ooty – the 'Queen of Hill Stations'. On the way, get a glance of the Bandipur and Madumalai Forests. Also known as Udhagamandalam, Ooty is set amidst Nilgiris Hills and is the capital of the Niligiris district. Perched at a height of 2240 m above sea level, this hill resort offers a picturesque view of towering mountain peaks, dense forests, sprawling grasslands and expansive tea gardens. Set up as a weekend getaway during British colonial era, Ooty is now one of the most-visited hill resorts in the country. Besides its natural beauty, the hill station is known for offering an exciting mountain train journey from Kallar to Mettupalayam that passes hair-pin curves, gloomy tunnels, gurgling streams and beautiful tea gardens. Upon arrival in Ooty, check-in at the hotel. Spend the remaining day at wishful activities like shopping or exploring nearby attractions. Enjoy a comfortable stay in your hotel room overnight as the next day waits with many wonderful surprises.
DAY 4 - Sightseeing in Ooty
- Following breakfast, proceed for a sightseeing tour of Ooty. Start the sightseeing tour with a visit to Doddabeta Peak (about 2634 m above sea level), which is the highest peak in the Nilgiris. The name itself means 'big mountain', and it offers beautiful vistas of the neighboring landscapes. This peak lies at the amalgamation of splendid Western and Eastern Ghats and is surrounded by dense sholas. By noon, come back to Ooty and visit the world-famous Government Botanical Gardens. Spread over 22 hectares, this garden was founded in 1847 by the then Governor of Madras. Later, visit the placid Ooty Lake were you can enjoy a boat ride as well as horse ride. In the evening, visit Coonoor, which is a serene hill resort positioned at an elevation of 2000 feet above sea level. Some of the popular tourist attractions of this place are Sim's Park, Lambs Rock, Lady Canning's Seat, Dolphin's Nose, St. Catherine Falls, Law's Falls and Ralliah Dam. After this interesting jaunt, return to the hotel and stay overnight.
DAY 5 - Drive from Ooty to Kodaikanal (260 km)
- After a flavorsome breakfast, embark on a road journey to Kodaikanal. Kodaikanal, also known as Kodai, means 'Gift of the Forest' in local language. One of the sought-after tourist destinations in Tamil Nadu, it is located in the Palani Hills of the Western Ghats at a height of over 7200 feet above sea level. Owing to its divine beauty, rolling hills, dense forests, placid lakes and mesmerising waterfalls, this hill station is fondly referred as the 'Princess of Hill Stations'. On arrival in Kodaikanal, complete all check-in formalities at the hotel and spend the evening at leisure. Stay overnight at the hotel and get a good night's sleep.
DAY 6 - Sightseeing in Kodaikanal
- After having a delicious breakfast, leave the hotel for a half-day tour of Kodaikanal. Visit some of the popular tourist attractions of this place, such as Bryant's Park, Coaker's Walk, Pillar Rocks and Suicide Point. Later, in the evening visit Kodai Lake that covers an area of over 24 hectares. An artificial lake, it was created in 1863 by Sir Vere Hendry Levinge, a former Collector of Madurai. Inaugurated for the public in the year 1932, this lake is popular for its boat rides. Thereafter, return to the hotel and enjoy a pleasant overnight stay in your room.
DAY 7 - Depart from Madurai
- After breakfast, check-out of the hotel and transfer to Madurai airport/railway station to continue your onward journey.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- 06 Breakfasts.
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- All hotel and transport taxes & Driver Allowances.
- All transfers and sightseeing by personal car.
- 06 night’s accommodation on double sharing.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.
CUSTOMIZE AND BOOK NOWEnter your contact details and we will plan the best holiday suiting all your requirements.